Here are some of the dos and don’t of tackling the monsoon blues. These tips may help you retain your elegant appearance even when it is pouring cats and dogs.
Monsoon Beauty regimen – Do’s and Don’ts
* Avoid facials and bleaching during this season. Facials make the skin rough and bleaching which is chemical oriented can do more harm than good.
* Never use dark shade lipsticks it is better if you wash the lip at night and apply milk cream.
* Remove old nail polish, apply lime juice on the nails and toes which gives a natural fresh look.
* Avoid using water-based makeup. Kajal (kohl) mascara or eyeliner can spoil the look with dirty smudges all over the face.
* Perming the hair during heavy showers is also not advisable.
* Waxing, pedicure, manicure are very much recommended during this season.
* Never tie your wet hair as moisture and sweat will make the hair feel sticky and invite foul smell and lice.
* Once you are drenched in the rain it is better to take a shower at home with lukewarm water as it makes the skin fresh and healthy.
* Take special care of your feet this season. Soak them in a tub of warm water and salt to avoid fungal infection, itching sensation and irritation.
* Switch over to synthetic clothes during monsoons.
* Always wash your face, hands and feet as soon as you reach home.
So monsoon blues can be a temporary phase if you gear up properly to face the odds in a healthy know-all spirit.